Wansfell is located in a magnificent former Georgian Hotel in the Lakeland town of Ambleside. The rural setting provides peace and tranquillity for total relaxation; an ideal base for exploring the lakes and enjoying the facilities.
- Facilities Level 5
- Peaceful tranquil position
- Sleeps 4
- Both bedrooms ensuite
- Central heating
- Free WiFi
- South facing patio gardens with views to Wansfell
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Ground floor, no stairs
- Reduction for one couple only
- Easy access to local amenities (restaurants, cinema, mini golf,shops, bars etc)
- Easy access to lake for boat trips, water activities
Our high quality luxury apartment is to be found in Ambleside, the Lakeland town regarded as having the perfect position for the complete holiday in the beautiful English Lake District. The two bedroom, three bathroom elegant accommodation is part of the former Georgian hotel called Borrans Park. It is ideally situated, being just a level half mile walk to either the centre of Ambleside or to Waterhead at the head of Lake Windermere, but secluded enough for a tranquil holiday being surrounded by fields and fells.
There are wonderful views of the hills of Wansfell, Loughrigg and Fairfield, with a footpath next to the property leading to the famous Hayes Garden Centre and beyond to the superb summit of Wansfell. Local wildlife such as deer, badger and heron are often seen from the South facing patio garden.
Inside the Property...
Private entrance into a large dining area that has as an oak dining table with 4 chairs, radio/CD player with MP3/iPod interface, free Wifi and payphone.
Open plan modern kitchen with tiled floor. Fitted with a washer/drier, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, electric oven and gas hob.
Large, spacious and bright with double patio doors to a large private patio area. Living room has a wall mounted electric living flame fire, 42” Freeview TV and DVD player and Xbox 2.
Luxurious king size solid oak bed, bedside tables, dressing table and walk in wardrobe. Wall mounted 19” Freeview LCD TV, iPod Dock and Radio Alarm Clock. Luxury contemporary ensuite bathroom, includes large cubicle power shower, WC and basin.
Zip-link bed can either be a super king size or two singles (please order at time of booking). iPod Dock and Radio Alarm Clock. Contemporary ensuite bathroom with bath and over bath power shower, WC and basin.
Two contemporary ensuite plus separate toilet with WC hand basin and tiled floor.
The property has fitted carpets throughout, with tiled floors in kitchen and bathrooms. It is furnished to a very high standard with locally purchased solid oak furniture. Property is double glazed, has central heating and all fuel is included in the price .
Outside the Property...Two private parking spaces in designated spaces. Private patio area with a BBQ, table and four chairs for outside dining and two benches. Shared land around the building is neat and planted with shrubs overlooking fields. A perfect place to relax and unwind in tranquil settings.
Sorry no pets • no smokers please • duvets/beds made up for arrival • towels provided • fridge • freezer • microwave • electric cooker • gas hob • dishwasher • all fuel included • payphone • free Wi-Fi broadband • travel cot and high chair available - please order • town centre and facilities ½ mile • lake shore and cruises ½ mile.
Pricing and Availability
For weekly rates and availability, please see the details in the table below.
Note: Prices for two people are for using just one of the bedrooms.
|Month||Arrival Sat||One Bed (£)||Two Bed (£)||Month||Arrival Sat||One Bed (£)||Two Bed (£)|
|21||430||450||incl. Bank Holiday||22||815||835|
|incl. Good Friday||28||Booked||Booked||26||595||615|
|April (incl. Easter Monday)||4||Booked||Booked||October||3||595||615|
|25||Booked||Booked||24||Booked||Booked||May (incl. Bank Holiday)||2||Booked||Booked||31||430||450|
|incl. Bank Holiday||23||Booked||Booked||21||430||450|
|27||Booked||Booked||New Year||Weds 30||815||835|
Changeover days may be different for Christmas and New Year
The booking procedure is outlined below.
- Check availibilty for the dates you require, then fill in the booking form directly below or email email@example.com to make a reservation
- Please specify dates and the number of people in the party.
- We will confirm your reservation and provisionally book the apartment. This will be held for seven days.
- From your email, we will send you a booking form to complete and return with a deposit (30% of the total rental) or the total amount, if booking is within six weeks of your stay. This must be sent within 7 days of your reservation.
- The balance of the holiday must be received 6 weeks before the holiday commences.
- On receipt of the final balance you will be sent details regarding access to the property.
Payments can be made by cheque, or by Credit/debit card via our PayPal account.